Things I learned while being a Ruidoso Destination Wedding Photographer:
1. You should always bring a winter coat to New Mexico. It snowed in Ruidoso the night before the wedding and I had to buy a very expensive North Face jacket at a tourist Ski Shop because all I had with me was one lightweight long sleeve shirt.
2. Flying into the tiny Roswell airport and spending the night there was the coolest.
3. New Mexico is the best of all worlds… mountains and trees and snow… and the desert with crazy sinkhole lakes.
4. I didn’t know very much about New Mexico.
5. I would go back and shoot weddings in the area one zillion times. It’s beautiful. (Someone hire me to be a Enchanted Vine Barn Wedding Photographer, please and thank you.)
Bonnie and Michael asked me to be their Ruidoso Destination Wedding Photographer. Having frequented Ruidoso for ski trips they decided it was where they wanted to get married and the location they wanted to bring all of their family and friends together. They chose Sanctuary on the River, which recently closed under new private-residence owners, as the venue, and tied it all together describing their wedding as “romantic country”. Despite it pouring rain through the entire ceremony… we did get a little peek of sunshine during portraits… and the cool temperatures kept everyone from sweating too much during the dance party.
Venue | Sanctuary on the River, Ruidoso, New Mexico
Wedding Coordinator | Jessica Thomas
Officiate | John Duncan
Floral Design | Lou McLeod
DJ | DJ Pete
Catering | Hunt and Harvest
Cake | Cake Du Jour
Videography | RaVisuals